I. The process of formation, development, organizational structure, mission, vision and objectives
1. Overall introduction
– Bac Giang Agriculture and Forestry University (BAFU)
– Address: Bich Son commune – Viet Yen district – Bac Giang province
– Phone: 02043.874.265 Fax: 02043.874.604
– Website: www.bafu.edu.vn
– Email: email@example.com
The school is located in the area of Bich Son commune, Viet Yen district, Bac Giang province (on National Highway 37 from Bac Giang to Thai Nguyen, 45 km northeast of Hanoi).
The school has functions and duties:
– Training and fostering a contingent of technicians with undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the fields of agriculture and forestry, economic management, environmental resource management to meet the demand for human resources for agriculture and rural development;
– Carrying out scientific research and technology transfer activities in the above fields to carry out the tasks of the industry, contributing to the industrialization and modernization of the country.
Through many development periods, BAFU has accumulated nearly 60 years of construction and maturity, making efforts to rise and affirm its position in the university system. Up to now, it has built a material base, built up and trained considerable human resources to ensure the requirements of training, scientific research and technology transfer, creating a premise for future development.
2. The process of formation and development
Bac Giang Agriculture and Forestry University experienced many development periods associated with different names:
– Nghia Dan Agricultural Intermediate School (established in 1959 in Nghia Dan – Nghe An);
– Song Lo Crop High School (located in Yen Son district – Tuyen Quang);
– In 1984, the school along with Song Boi Animals science school moved to Viet Yen district – Ha Bac (Bac Giang province) and merged into Central Agriculture Technical High School.
– In 1999 the school was upgraded to a college with the name of Agriculture and Forestry College (according to the Decision No. 125/1999 / QD-TTg signed by the Prime Minister on May 28, 1999).
– In 2011, the University was decided by the Prime Minister to establish with the name of Bac Giang Agriculture and Forestry University (BAFU).
BAFU has missions to train technical staff at college, university and postgraduate levels; research and technology transfer in the fields of agriculture, forestry, fishery and economic management; environmental resource management.
Providing society with high quality training products, scientific research, application and technology transfer, contributing significantly to the industrialization and modernization of the country in the context of economic integration world.
By 2030, BAFU will be a multi-disciplinary and multi-modal training university in the country in training and research-oriented applications for the fields of agriculture, forestry, food industry and environmental resources.
The prestige and brand of the school are affirmed mainly through the cultural and intellectual environment, the quality of training and scientific and technological products.
Building BAFU to become a prestigious university. A training and scientific research facility with many branches of agriculture, forestry, fishery and economy – finance, environmental resource management. A center for scientific and technological research and transfer meets national quality inspection standards; meeting the demand of training quality human resources to serve the socio-economic development of the Northern Midlands and Mountainous provinces as well as throughout the country.
Building school brand with application orientation, skills training to ensure that students after graduation have full capacity (including professional skills and organizational management skills) can meet the job requirements of the assigned position, consider it a specific point, the identity of BAFU, ensuring that the school develops in a sustainable way.
II. Overall development strategy of school for the period 2015 – 2020, vision to 2030
Decision on approving the development strategy of BAFU in the period of 2015 – 2020, vision to 2030